The Anticoagulation Clinic at MedStar Harbor Hospital
Our clinic works with patients’ primary care providers and other specialists to provide complete management of anticoagulant therapies. Our pharmacists are trained and board certified to manage oral anticoagulation medicine. Your primary care provider or other specialist may have prescribed blood thinner medication, such as warfarin, Coumadin, etc., in order to treat or prevent a serious blood clot, which could slow or stop the flow of blood in the affected area.
The clinic offers the following services to patients:
- Point-of-care testing
- Anticoagulation medication adjustments
- Close supervision of treatment for effectiveness and monitoring for side effects
- Patient education on anticoagulation and falls prevention
- Screening and counseling for possible medication interactions (interactions with food and/or other medications)
- Medication reconciliation
Patients coming to the clinic for treatment must have a referral. In addition, your physician should provide the clinic with a current medication list that includes your anticoagulation dosing history, as well as a list of your current medical conditions.
For more information or to make an appointment, call 410-350-3441.