Interventional Radiology at MedStar Harbor Hospital
What is Interventional Radiology?
|Andrew M. Brown, M.D.
Interventional Radiology is a field of medicine that uses minimally invasive techniques and imaging guidance to perform procedures that can replace conventional surgery. Interventional Radiology provides the full range of interventional radiology care for patients, including diagnostic arteriography, renal and peripheral vascular interventions, biliary, gastrointestinal and genitourinary interventions, venous access procedures, embolization and regional cancer therapies.
- Uterine Artery Embolization/Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Treatment of Varicose Veins
- Kyphoplasty & Vertebroplasty
- Tumor Ablation
- Interventional Oncology
- Percutaneous Image Guided Biopsy
- Central Venous Catheters
- Gastrostomy and Gastrojejunostomy Tubes
- Computed Tomography Angiography (CTA)
- Radio Frequency Embolization of Cancerous Tumors
- Chemoembolization of Liver Tumors